HOWTO: Generate S-Record/Intel HEX/Binary file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes you need an output file other than the standard ELF, like a FLASH image. This instruction shows how to setup the selected build type to generate an additional output from the supported file types.

1. Go to Project Properties
    1. Right click on the Project name in Project Explorer -> Properties, OR
    2. Select the Project name in Project Explorer, select from pulldown menu Project -> Properties

image.png

2. Navigate to C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Cross Settings, check the box for ‘Create flash image’. Be sure to take note that the build configuration set in the Configuration field is correct one. The change you make here will only apply to the selected configuration.

image.png

3. Scroll the window down until you can see the ‘Apply’ button, then click on it.

image.png

4. You can specify output in newly appeared option Standard S32DS Create flash image

image.png

5. Build the project. The new output file is generated.

image.pngimage.png
Labels (1)
Comments

Hello,

I followed your steps. To create the binary file for the bootloader using position indepenedent code. But my application is generating .srec file. Which I believe will not work with bootloader. So I tried to create .bin file using the raw binary option. And I tried to flash this file using bootloader. But it is not able to boot the application code after flashing the bin file to the S32K144 evb. Please help

Thank you

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎06-18-2024 05:50 AM
Updated by: