AnsweredAssumed Answered

LPC546XX USB failed to apply 45Ω HS resistor

Question asked by lihao.boy.123@163.com on May 22, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 21, 2019 by lihao.boy.123@163.com

Hello:

I use lpc546xx as a usb composite device. And I've found one of my developing board failed in USB enumeration(I have several  the same boards) , but the rests work fine(with the same fireware).

And then I used usb analyzer tools tracing USB Packets, and found that lpc546xx failed during RESET stage.

Then I've used OSC to view USB D+/D- wave. After Reset, the device sended Chirp-K, and then Hub sended K-J pairs; but The device doesn't apply 45Ω HS resistor termination to D+/D-.  So K/J pairs remains 800mV, and this maybe the reason USB device failed in enumeration.

So, my question here:

1. Is there any register control the 45Ω termination directly in lpc546xx ? So I could test the termination without USB HUB;

2. I've checked the PCB routing and connection, D+/D- are well connected to MCU pins; and mcu internal 1.5KΩ pull-up resistor also works well. So HighSpeed terminals failed to apply could be mcu IC problems?

Thanks for your advice !

3. I've checked the Errata Sheet.  It says device can't see KJ Chirps (page 12) . Could this be the reason of enumeration failure?   The Errata also point out the SDK had made a soft walk-around. Would you please tell me the places of corresponding modification in SDK? I want to be sure if I implemented the modified SDK.

Ps: OSC signal wave (Green for D+ , Yellow for D-)

Outcomes