AnsweredAssumed Answered

Use SDIO Murata module with i.MX8MQ

Question asked by Théo Goudout on Dec 12, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2018 by igorpadykov

Hi,

I'm trying to get a Murata 1MW EVK module to work with a i.MX8MQ EVK.

So far, I've compiled a Yocto using the scripts provided by Murata at https://github.com/murata-wireless/meta-murata-wireless ; I've configured it as follow :

Release Type: Developer (When using "Stable", the generated tag does not exists on the github repository...)

Processor: i.MX

fmac version: manda (recommended)

i.MX Yocto Release: imx-rocko-mini-manda

Target: imx8mqevk

I then proceeded to flash a SD card with the generated "*.sdcard" file and successfully booted my i.MX8MQ evaluation kit. At this point, I would expect to see a wireless interface associated to the on-board 1CQ module.

Now this is where it gets tricky :

• I don't have any wireless interface showing when using "ifconfig", "ip addr" or "iw list";
  • I cannot see anything related to fmac module being loaded by the kernel during boot;
  • I can manually load these modules using "modprobe brcmutil" and "modprobe brcmfmac", but still no wireless interface shows up;
  • I've tried to load different FDT from the u-boot command line ("fsl-imx8mq-evk.dtb", "fsl-imx8mq-evk-root.dtb" and "fsl-imx8mq-evk-pcie1-m2.dtb") with no luck.

Even if I actually saw a wireless interface, it is not my final objective. I would still need to :

• Flash the content of the SD card to the eMMC (to free up the microSD connector);
  • Connect my 1MW module to the microSD using the "Murata i.MX InterConnect V1" and a SD-to-MicroSD adapter;
  • Connect the remaining WL_HOST_WAKE, BT_REG_ON and WL_REG_ON cable somewhere on the board (where?!);
  • Probably rework/patch the FDT used by the i.MX8 family;
  • Something else?

Could you help me sort my problem out?

Regards,

Outcomes