I'm trying to get a Murata 1MW EVK module to work with a i.MX8MQ EVK.
So far, I've compiled a Yocto using the scripts provided by Murata at https://github.com/murata-wireless/meta-murata-wireless ; I've configured it as follow :
Release Type: Developer (When using "Stable", the generated tag does not exists on the github repository...)
fmac version: manda (recommended)
i.MX Yocto Release: imx-rocko-mini-manda
I then proceeded to flash a SD card with the generated "*.sdcard" file and successfully booted my i.MX8MQ evaluation kit. At this point, I would expect to see a wireless interface associated to the on-board 1CQ module.
Now this is where it gets tricky :
- I don't have any wireless interface showing when using "ifconfig", "ip addr" or "iw list";
- I cannot see anything related to fmac module being loaded by the kernel during boot;
- I can manually load these modules using "modprobe brcmutil" and "modprobe brcmfmac", but still no wireless interface shows up;
- I've tried to load different FDT from the u-boot command line ("fsl-imx8mq-evk.dtb", "fsl-imx8mq-evk-root.dtb" and "fsl-imx8mq-evk-pcie1-m2.dtb") with no luck.
Even if I actually saw a wireless interface, it is not my final objective. I would still need to :
- Flash the content of the SD card to the eMMC (to free up the microSD connector);
- Connect my 1MW module to the microSD using the "Murata i.MX InterConnect V1" and a SD-to-MicroSD adapter;
- Connect the remaining WL_HOST_WAKE, BT_REG_ON and WL_REG_ON cable somewhere on the board (where?!);
- Probably rework/patch the FDT used by the i.MX8 family;
- Something else?
Could you help me sort my problem out?