cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN with Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K14x Automotive MCU 2018.R1

Jump to solution
cg0
Contributor II

Hello, I have a problem that we need use LIN, BUT I can't find how to configure with this lib.

Does this tool support LIN communication?

I use S32K144.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello cg0‌,

Unfortunately we do not support LIN on S32K14x 2018.R1. For communication purposes we have CAN, SPI, I2C, UART and FlexIO emulation for I2C, SPI and UART.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello cg0‌,

Unfortunately we do not support LIN on S32K14x 2018.R1. For communication purposes we have CAN, SPI, I2C, UART and FlexIO emulation for I2C, SPI and UART.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

0 Kudos
cg0
Contributor II

Hi Razvan,

Thanks for reply.

Does any plan to support LIN? such as next version, etc.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aron, 

We are going to take this request into consideration for the next S32K1xx release. 

In order to fully support LIN we will need to support SBC and SDK LIN Stack. In the last release we have started with SBC for CAN support. Future releases will extend the current functionalities and in general the users feedback helps us to prioritize the feature sets.

Therefore, thank you for bringing this into our attention.

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
cg0
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

When will the next version be released? Will it be released this year?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Our team is currently engaged on updating & enabling of the MPC57xx series derivatives.

Once we finish with MPC57xx enablement, we are going to add support for S32K116 and S32K118 derivatives in the S32K toolbox. Our preliminary plan of intent roadmap indicates as tentative date for next S32K toolbox the mid/end Q2 2019. Please consider this information as Subject to Change since we are dependent of other deliveries as: SDK, AMMCLIB, GCC, S32DS roadmaps.

Thank you!

Daniel

0 Kudos