I use MCUXpresso as develop

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use MCUXpresso as develop

cg0
Contributor II

I use MCUXpresso as develop&debug environment, and buy one FRDM-KE06Z, but i plug in the copmuter, the board can't be recognized, so the board can't download any code still.

Debug tools as i know LPC-Link, J-link,etc.

I want to know if they all support?

And any support documents?

Can you give me the PEMicro driver first, so i can test my demos.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

cg0
Contributor II

Thank you, the most problem now is my PC can't recognize my FRDM-KE06Z board.

I tried several methods to solve this problem. go to PEMicro offical website, download drivers install and then uninstall, etc.

so could you give me a driver that you can debug, or give me guide that you ever use.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Aron,

Sorry reply you late, how about your board now ?

If still can't work , please first check the Bootloader version of your board.

If not running version 1.11 or higher, you need first updaste the bootloader,

then you can use the OpenSDA firmware for P&E or Jlink that find on

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP 

About how to check the bootloader verion and how to update it , please refer to below

link :

PEmicro - P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Develop... 

(Also I copy&paste the steps here

"Solution: Support for Windows 8/8.1, MacOS and Linux operating systems was added to Bootloader version 1.11 and MSD firmware version 1.14. Please make sure that your board is programmed with Bootloader version 1.11 or higher prior to attempting to update your OpenSDA board with a new firmware application.

Important: If you are currently running Bootloader version 1.10 or earlier, you will need to find a Windows XP or Windows 7 PC to perform this update.

Please follow these steps to find out what version of Bootloader your board is programmed with:

1. Start your board in Bootloader mode by holding down the RESET button prior to plugging it into USB port.
  2. Open the SDA_INFO.HTM file, which will contain version numbers of Bootloader as well name and version of current OpenSDA firmware you are using. If your board is not running Bootloader version 1.11 or higher, please download the latest OpenSDA Firmware Apps from P&E website and follow instructions in corresponding documentation to update the Bootloader using the BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA application. Once the Bootloader is updated via BOOTUPDATEAPP, the OpenSDA board can then be upgraded to the latest combined MSD/DEBUG OpenSDA firmware 1.14 or greater.

")

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

cg0
Contributor II

Thank you for reply.

Now I can debug the board. My PC is Win10 x64, with MCUXpresso. And the vesion of the bootloader is V1.10 for i don't have PC with xp OS.

pastedImage_1.png

Below is my solve steps, for other occur the same problem may be helpful.

1. I plug in the board, with reset button pressed, and plug in 1s after release, and with PC device manager, i can see the unrecognize device,

2. Choose update driver software, with the folder "C:/WINDOWS/WINSXS"

3. then can be drived, can update FRDM-KE06Z

4. plug out, replug in with no button pressed, and wait the LED restart (may not necessary)

5. here in device manager will three unrecognized device.

6. the two SDA should drive with the drivers from PEMicro official website. "PEDrivers_install.exe", and update choose the drive install folder.

7. the last one still update with the folder "C:/WINDOWS/WINSXS"

8. now enjoy it.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Some Kinetis boards ship with OpenSDA supporting P&E VCOM but with no debug support. I suspect that you have one of these boards.

To update this firmware visit the OpenSDA Firmware Update pages linked from within the IDE at "Help -> Additional Resources -> OpenSDA Firmware Updates" or else http://www.nxp.com/opensda.

For more information on the various debug solutions possible, please read the MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 User Guide, in particular, chapter 3, "Debug Solutions Overview"

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos