cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freertos task aware debug with Jlink probe with relocated application

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I'm unsing the latest version of MCUXpresso (10.1.1) and I'm facing an issue (that was present even in the preceeding version 10.1.0).

I'm debugging an application running Freertos using Jlink probe.

The application is relocated and runs from address 0x10200.

If the FreeRTOS plugin is selected the application doesn't run and if I pause the execution the PC in is the bootloader area (where there is some garbage).

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

If the FreeRTOS plugin isn't selected the application works fine (obviously I can't use the task aware debug feature).

If the same application runs from address 0, it works fine regrdless of the FreeRTOS plugin is selected or not.

Is some configuration needed or some other step to work with FreeRTOS plugin selected and the application running from an address other than 0?

Many thanks

Biafra

3 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Biafra,

Have you tried following the recommendations from this thread?

Enable "Select RTOS plugin" failed 

Exactly which SDK and version are you using? [Check the Installed SDKs view in the IDE for both SDK Version and Manifest Version.]

And are you using a "real" SEGGER J-Link debug probe (we have tested with a J-Link+ here), or are you perhaps using OpenSDA J-Link firmware?

Can you successfully use the FreeRTOS support provided by P&E and/or LinkServer(CMSIS-DAP / DAP-Link) debug connections? If necessary you can get the firmware for those for the OpenSDA probe from various Kinetis eval board's  from http://www.nxp.com/opensda)

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Many thanks for your answer.

The SDK version is 2.2.0, the manifest version is 3.0.0.

I'm using a real Segger J-Link debug probe (firmware version 6.20g).

At the moment I cannot use P&E, I will try as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Biafra

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

I've tried P&E probe, I cannot debug at all. It seems that the program is loaded, but there is no start button available (it is grayed), no activity can be seen and if I hit the pause button, nothing happens and I can only hit the stop button.

Many thanks

Biafra