This is regarding iMX6 Quad based custom hardware design. In this custom hardware design we have JTAG, Serial and OTG connections for hardware debugging.
Specification of hardware -
i.MAX6Q NXP processor.
Manufacturer part number - MCIMX6Q6AVT10AC
IC MPU I.MX6Q 1.0GHZ 624FCBGA
ARM® Cortex-A9 Microprocessor IC i.MX6Q 4 Core, 32-Bit 1.0GHz 624-FCBGA (21x21)
DDR3 memory module
Micron serial flash
We need to debug I2C group, NOR Flash group, SD/MMC, SPI, PCIE and UART interfaces and verify complete hardware design with Altium based schematics and layout for mass production.
1. I like to know your idea on which JTAG product is compatible for our custom hardware design and its hardware debugging requirements.
2. I have seen some people have used Segger plus for hardware debugging. Will Segger support Boundary scan based JTAG Debug ?
3. If yes what are the requirements for that ? Like SATA interface of the chip is powered, even if this is not used in design, PCIe interface is powered.
4. Do you aware about Codewarrior TAP hardware debugger ? Will this compatible with iMAX6Q ?
5. Are there any recommended JTAG debugger by NXP for iMAX6Q processor ?