Following guidance from Erich Styger, I have cloned a copy of <ProjectDir>/NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0/targets/MKL25Z4/kds/freedom_bootloader. Just for testing purposes, I made a single change: I bumped the version number to "K2.0.1" from "K.2.0.0". It compiles without error, but I'm unable to load and run it.
Here's a synopsis of what I did (and what happened):
- I compiled the project, using Debug as a target.
- Looking at freedom_bootloader.map, I verified that the image ended below 0xa000. (__etext = 0x79c8).
- `$ arm-none-eabi-objcopy freedom_bootloader.elf freedom_bootloader.srec`
- Using the Mac finder, I dragged freedom_bootloader.srec to the /Volumes/FRDM-KL25ZJ/ mount point. This copied the file to the FRDM-KL25Z board via the USB connection.
- Pushed the [reset] button.
- `blhost --p /dev/cu.usbmodem202 --verbose --debug -- get-property 0x01` printed [5a a6], but then hung.
The question: Any idea why it's not running? Or can you suggest steps I could take to debug this? (I do have a Segger JLINK and a JTAG connector soldered to the FRDM-KL25Z board.)
Some other notes:
I previously successfully loaded precompiled KL25Z bootloader by dragging it to /Volumes/FRDM-KL25ZJ/ mount point. I then used blhost to erase flash and load the precompiled led-demo-8000 at 0x8000. It ran without trouble.
Thanks in advance!
- Robert Poor