In this second lecture of the motor control course we discuss about software and hardware main components that we are going to implement and use. Starting from a comparison between DC vs. BLDC motor construction we discuss step-by-step all the key elements needed for a closed loop speed control system.
- DC vs BLDC motors;
- BLDC motor - how is made;
- BLDC motor - how it works;
- Position sensors - how it works;
- Block diagram for a speed control system;
- Mapping application over the MPC5744P and MotorGD hardware components;
- Final setup we will use for implementing the control algorithms;
- Understand how the BLDC commutation works;
- Understand the key elements needed for a closed loop speed control;
- Map an algorithm over the MPC5744P microprocessor;
- Become familiar with the final HW setup;
Watch the video and leave your comments and questions below.
- pdf attached with slides shown in this video;
NOTE: Chinese viewers can watch the video on YOUKU using this link.