Did you mean: 

CCSProtocolPlugin:Unknown protocol error

somonwang
Contributor I

CodeWarrior :V8.3

Windows XP

CodeWarrior USB TAP

Mc56F8245VLD

when i debug,the problem is:CCSProtocolPlugin:Unknown protocol error.and the TXRX LED of USB TAP flash Green,and the RUN/PAUSE led of USB TAP flash green

when i type : show com

delete all

show cc

config cc utap

show wdv

show cc

in CCS windows,the mesagge show as follows:

and the driver:

so what's the metter.thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I don't see this problem from my side.

first please check device manager if USB tap is well recognized. This is the screenshot from my side.

pastedImage_1.png

do you use evb/demo board or customized board? If you use demo board, please make sure the jumper setting is correct.

if you use customized board, please create a new stationery project for your board by doing New -> DSP56800x EABI Stationery -> Your Board(56F803) -> Simple C and Assembly.  Then change the Connection Settings to USB Tap and set the JTAG Clock Speed into 500. 

pastedImage_2.png

I also suggest you test your usb tap and cable with another computer, I ever had customer got similar error as yours because his usb tap was broken.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos