mysql_server_init, version libmysqlclient_16 not defined in file libmysqlclient.so.18

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mysql_server_init, version libmysqlclient_16 not defined in file libmysqlclient.so.18

stuartmorton
Contributor II

I have recently upgraded to:

git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git –b imx-4.1-krogoth

added my layer to the build.

my layer included a sthttpd web server and php (php-cli php-cgi php-dbg php-dev php-fpm php-pear php-phar)

all builds fine, when the image is ran I get the error:

Starting php-fpm /usr/sbin/php-fpm: relocation error: /usr/sbin/php-fpm: symbol mysql_server_init, version libmysqlclient_16 not defined in file libmysqlclient.so.18 with link time reference.

from my investigations there are several possible causes of this, each one needing an upgrade of a component with in the layers, adding them manually just brakes the build.

is this a issue you are aware of ?

have you found a solution ?

4 Replies

scottkim
Contributor I

Howdy, all.

I got same problem as you can see as attached file. And when i tried solution by Stuart, I got compile error with qtwebgine_git.bb. Would you recommend any solution for me?

Screenshot 2017-08-25 10.13.19.png

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for writing.

Is there a possibility that you can pass me your layer? I will try to reproduce your error by myself.

Best regards,

Diego.

stuartmorton
Contributor II

Hi Diego,

thanks very much for the reply, sorry but I had completely forgotten about this as I had found the solution to the issue.the solution can be found here,http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2016-September/126123.html

essentially this is a problem with binutils and this link has a new version to resolve this problem.

many thanks for your reply 

regardsStuart  

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for notify me and for posting your solution.

Best Regards,

Diego.