ZigBee 3.0 - connect up to 100 nodes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZigBee 3.0 - connect up to 100 nodes

jianalai
Contributor II

We are using ZigBee 3.0 and JN-AN-1229-ZPS-Application-Template. We are having the problem of  the connection for 100 nodes. We are connecting 1 coordinator, 40 routers and 60 end devices. Some of the nodes cannot be controlled like the end device can send the data to coordinator but the coordinator cannot send the data to end device. We are using ZPS_eAplAfUnicastDataReq() to send data. Some of the nodes will became unstable after reboot (Some of the nodes cannot joined back to the network). We have changed the configuration setting for the coordinator and routers as the following.

Maximum Number of Nodes = 120

Mac Table Size = 126

Address Map Table Size = 100

Routing Table Size =120

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jia Na Lai,

The Address Map table and The MAC Address table are fully persisted in EEPROM. Therefore, increasing the size of this table and the address map will impact both RAM.

The Coordinator needs to store routes to all the nodes in the network if it is required to communicate with every node - in this case, the Routing table size should be increased to the size of the network.

Note:The Routing table is not persisted and any increase will therefore only affect RAM usage

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

dheerajsawant
Contributor V

Hi Mario, 

i want to transfer data from CoOrdinator to Sleeping Device. 

need your help . 

I have transferred data from Sleeping device to Co-Ordinator its work fine.

but i don't know how to send data from Co-ordinator. 

if you have Demo code please share.

Please Awaiting for your Reply

0 Kudos

patrick_pan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Dheeraj

According to Zigbee Spec, ZED's parent only buffers message for 7.5s when ZED is sleeping otherwise this message will be dropped. So your ZED node must wakeup and poll its parent within 7.5s periodically. 

B.R

Patrick

0 Kudos