cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4337 SPIFI MX23L8035 not working

mallikarjunared
Contributor III

Hey guys,

I am trying to interface external flash with LPC4337 controller. 

Board : LPCxpresso 4337

Flash chip : onboard MX25L8035E

Example code : LPC4337_multiple_flash (download link : https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/configuring-projects-multiple-flash)

0 Kudos
4 Replies

mallikarjunared
Contributor III

Hey guys,

I am trying to interface external flash with LPC4337 controller.  Please find below information for your reference.

Board : LPCxpresso 4337

Flash chip : onboard MX25L8035E

Example code : LPC4337_multiple_flash (download link : https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/configuring-projects-multiple-flash).

I am getting Hardfault, when i use Flash3. It is working fine in case of Flash2.  Can someone help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Mallikarjun

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mallikarjun,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.

I'd like to know the more information, can you describe the steps to replicate the issue?

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mallikarjunared
Contributor III

Hi jeremyzhou,

Thanks for the reply.

Please find below steps to replicate the issue and board, code which i used for my testing

Board used : LPCXpresso4337 Development Board (Link FYI: LPCXpresso4337 Development Board|NXP ).

Code used   :  LPC4337_multiple_flash example code(Download Link : Configuring projects to span multiple flash devices | www.LPCware.com ).

1. Download code from above code link.

2. Import into LPCXpresso IDE and compile(without any changes in project).

3. Connect LPCXpresso4337 board to PC and start debug(JTAG).

Code : 

int main(void) {

volatile unsigned addr;

addr = (unsigned) const_data_table;
      printf("const_data_table at address : %#010x\n", addr);
      printf("%#010x %#010x %#010x %#010x\n", const_data_table[0], const_data_table[1],
      const_data_table[2], const_data_table[3]);
      printf("Calling spifi_func\n");
      addr = spifi_func();  ---------------------------->>Jumping to hardfault handler
        printf("spifi_func at address : %#010x\n", addr);

// Force the counter to be placed into memory
      volatile static int i = 0;
      // Enter an infinite loop, just incrementing a counter
      while (1) {
      i++;
   }
   return 0;
}

Please find remaing code files in project(Download link provided above)

Output Log :

const_data_table at address : 0x14000010
0xdeadbeef 0xbaddcafe 0xfacefeed 0x000ff1ce
Calling spifi_func

After this it is jumping to Hardfault handler

Revert me back for more details required.

Thanks & Regards,

Mllikarjuna

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mallikarjun,,

Sorry for the late reply.

I've already ran the LPC4337_multiple_flash example code on the LPCXpreeso4337 (Fig 1), and it works wells without replicating your issue (Fig 2).

So I think the demo is good and  I'd highly recommend you to check the hardware again.

248874378883312316.jpg

Fig 1

2017-03-01_15-52-37.jpg

Fig 2

Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos