AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to interact with PFUZE3000 driver from user space level

Question asked by javier fernandez on Jan 19, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 5, 2018 by javier fernandez

Hello everybody,

I am working with a PMIC PFUZE3000 and we are using the imx6ul processor. The question is that I do not know how to interact with the driver in order to enable/disable the outputs of the PFUZE. I am only able to read the state of some of his settings through "/sys/class/regulator/ as it is shown in the next picture:

/sys/class/regulator/regulator.5 output

As you can see I have only read permissions and I do not know how to change the "state", for example.

I have already define the Devicetree following this one PFUZE Device tree example. Also I saw that I have to define a "consumer" of this driver, overview regulator. How to define a consumer is given at the final of this documentation, Consumer description.

My questions are:

Firstly, it is not given enough documentation of how to define the costumer. Therefore, anyone has documentation about this.

Secondly, I have read something about loading the "select virtual regulator consumer" and "userspace regulator consumer as module".

Linux Kernel Configuration      Device Drivers  --->           [*] Voltage and Current Regulator Support  --->           <M>   Virtual regulator consumer support           <M>   Userspace regulator consumer support           <*>   Analog Devices AD5398/AD5821 regulator

But, I do not know if it is the best way of it is necessary to do it in order to interact with the driver. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the support,

Regards.

Outcomes