Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx7s Warp7 Krogoth fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs ERROR

Jump to solution
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I've tried in vain to bitbake the fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs but it consistently fails. The Yocto version I'm using is Krogoth and my hardware is the imx7s Warp7.

According to the "i.MX Yocto Project User Guide" using Krogoth I will likely experience build failures as quoted here from section 6.2 "In Krogoth release there are sometimes task hask mismatch errors. A fix for this is to build linux-imx first then clean the linux-mfgtools then bitbake the fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs."

( Warp7 uses linux-warp7 for linux-imx )

After many unsuccessful attempts I'm still desperate to sort this out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Below is my build log:

NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: mfgtool-linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: mfgtool-linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/ed/fsl-community-bsp-Krogoth-warp7MkII/build/tmp/work/imx7s_warp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mfgtool-linux-imx/4.1.15-r0/temp/log.do_compile.26744)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/ed/fsl-community-bsp-Krogoth-warp7MkII/build/tmp/work/imx7s_warp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mfgtool-linux-imx/4.1.15-r0/temp/log.do_compile.26744
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| NOTE: make -j 4 zImage CC=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -mno-thumb-interwork -marm -fuse-ld=bfd LD=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd   LOADADDR=0x80008000
|   CHK     include/config/kernel.release
|   GEN     ./Makefile
|   CHK     include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
|   CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
|   Using /home/ed/fsl-community-bsp-Krogoth-warp7MkII/build/tmp/work-shared/imx7s-warp/kernel-mfgtool-source as source for kernel
|   CC      scripts/mod/empty.o
|   CC      scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.s
|   MKELF   scripts/mod/elfconfig.h
|   HOSTCC  scripts/mod/modpost.o
|   HOSTCC  scripts/mod/sumversion.o
|   GEN     scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.h
|   HOSTCC  scripts/mod/file2alias.o
|   HOSTLD  scripts/mod/modpost
| make[3]: `include/generated/mach-types.h' is up to date.
|   CHK     include/generated/bounds.h
|   CHK     include/generated/asm-offsets.h
|   CALL    /home/ed/fsl-community-bsp-Krogoth-warp7MkII/build/tmp/work-shared/imx7s-warp/kernel-mfgtool-source/scripts/checksyscalls.sh
|   CHK     include/generated/compile.h
|   CHK     kernel/config_data.h
|   Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
|   Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
| NOTE: make -j 4 imx7s-warp.dtb
|   CC      scripts/mod/empty.o
|   CC      scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.s
|   MKELF   scripts/mod/elfconfig.h
|   HOSTCC  scripts/mod/modpost.o
|   HOSTCC  scripts/mod/sumversion.o
|   GEN     scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.h
|   HOSTCC  scripts/mod/file2alias.o
|   HOSTLD  scripts/mod/modpost
| make[3]: *** No rule to make target `arch/arm/boot/dts/imx7s-warp.dtb'.  Stop.
| make[2]: *** [imx7s-warp.dtb] Error 2
| make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
| make: *** [__sub-make] Error 2
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/ed/fsl-community-bsp-Krogoth-warp7MkII/build/tmp/work/imx7s_warp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mfgtool-linux-imx/4.1.15-r0/temp/log.do_compile.26744)
ERROR: Task 185 (/home/ed/fsl-community-bsp-Krogoth-warp7MkII/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx-mfgtool_4.1.15.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

Thanks.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't know any efforts to add warp7 support to the mfgtools. But you would be able to follow the current other board and adapt the code, so you can add yourself the needed support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

the machine imx7s-warp does not have mfg-tools support, so the failure is expected.

In order to get it, it's needed to add its support.

0 Kudos
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Thanks, any idea on the timescale on this? We'd like to be able to use it in the factory during production which starts early next year.

BR,

Ed.

0 Kudos
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't know any efforts to add warp7 support to the mfgtools. But you would be able to follow the current other board and adapt the code, so you can add yourself the needed support.

0 Kudos