KV5x crystal, Clock and pins tools for desktop.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KV5x crystal, Clock and pins tools for desktop.

arimendes
Contributor III

Hi,

Item 33.4 of the KV5x Reference Manual states that OSCCLK can only works in run mode. What does it means? That using crystal the maximum cpu clock is 160MHZ?

Is there a Desktop version of the Clock configuration tool? The online version is very slow, and blinks all the time.

I can't download the Kinetis Expert Pins Tools V2.0 for windows, the link is broken.

I would like to receive a clock_config.c file for the MKV58 to work with a 16MHZ crystal and HSRUN mode if possible, or at least in RUN mode, if HSRUN is not possible using crystal.

Ari.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Ari Mendes,

I saw that  you had other post, I am gonna answer both in this  to have a simple conversation, I will attach my generated code please check if it works, if it dont please tell, since your board is custom I need more information about it maybe an schematic. or the part number of your crystal.

About the link of the Kinetis Expert Pins Tools the link has been reported.

the clock tool can be found here http://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/software/Kinetis_Expert_Configuration_Tools_v2_x86_onlin... 

best Regards.

Jonathan

0 Kudos

arimendes
Contributor III

Jonathan,

The clock_config you send to me, the execution stops in the function CLOCK_SetExternalRefConfig.

There's no clock at the crystal pins.

I tested it in my custom board and also tested it in a MKV46 tower board, with the MKV46 changed to a MKV58 and with 8MHZ crystal changed to a 16 MHZ crystal (two different crystals, I don't know the part numbers).

The register value in this point are:

OSC0_CR = 0x0F;

OSC0_OSC_DIV = 0x00;

MSG_C1 = 0x80;

MSG_C2 = 0xA0; (EREFS = 0!)

MSG_C3 = 0x74;

MSG_C4 = 0x12;

MSG_C5 = 0x00;

MSG_C6 = 0x00;

MSG_S = 0x10;

MSG_SC = 0x02;

MSG_ATCVH = 0x00;

MSG_ATVL = 0x80;

Can you send to me the firmware of the KV5x quadcopter? I know that the hardware use a 8 MHZ crystal.

Ari.

0 Kudos

arimendes
Contributor III

Jonathan,

I used the clock_config.c file from the KV46 KSDK 2.0 and it works in my KV58 KSDK 2.0 project.

The clock_config of the KV46 is for a 8MHZ crystal. I changed the crystal frequency to a 16 MHZ, .clkdiv1 to 0x01390000 and .vdiv to 0x0E. And I got my KV5x board working in HSRUN mode.

So I guess the problem is on the clock configuration tool. What do you think?

Ari.

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Ari Mendes,

I think it is a bug too. let me carefully check the process and if it a bug report so the bug gets fixed.

Thank you for your update,

Have a great day.

Best Regards.

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Ari Mendes, I am working on your case let me chek it up and I will give you an Answer .

Have a great day.

Best Regards 

Jonathan

0 Kudos