cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWD configuration both devices not shown

etienneschaeffe
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to run the multicore_binky example, but after debuging "multicore_m4master_blinky", I cannot debug "multicore_m0slave_blinky" in the same time. It says that "0 available SWD Devices detected." in SWD Configuration.

Actually, I could never choose between Cortex-M4 or Cortex-M0 in any project in the popup "SWD Configuration". It's like I had only one. So when I debug m4master, I don't see popup "SWD Configuration" and it works, then when I debug m0slave, I can see popup "SWD Configuration" but with no devices.

I'm using LPCXpresso v8.2.2 [Build 650] with a OM13077.

And enulator is :

Name = LPC-Link-II CMSIS-DAP, Serial number = A000000001, Type = LinkServer

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Etienne

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you want to program the latest version of the probe firmware into the probe's flash - rather than letting LPCXpresso IDE soft load it, then you can do this using LPCScrypt. For more details see: https://community.nxp.com/message/630661 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

etienneschaeffe
Contributor I

Thank you! I put the jumper on JP5 and it worked after connecting the board with it (Windows first saw a device "LPC", then "LPC-LINK2 CMSIS-DAP V5.173" after debugging).

But if I take off the jumper, I always go back with the old version of debug probe and it doesn't work anymore. (Windows sees it as "LPC-Link-II CMSIS-DAP" like before). 

With the jumper JP5 on, I've tried in the IDE, "Boot Debug Probe", also "boot_lin2.cmd", "dfu-util.exe" in bin directory but it's like it doesn't keep in flash the updated new firmware.

Should I not see, without the jumper on, the same device in Windows ? ("LPC-LINK2 CMSIS-DAP V5.173"

Thanks.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The most recent IDE versions will attempt to automatically detect and select the appropriate CPU within the multicore MCU for each project. Thus you may not even see the prompt asking you to select the right one.

If the IDE is not detecting a second core though, then I would recommend

• closing down all debug sessions
  • completely resetting your board,
  • and also ensuring that there are no rogue processes running called "arm-none-eabi-gdb", "crt_emu_cm_redlink" or "redlinkserv"

It may also be a good idea to delete the .launch files within your master and slave projects, and also deleting the Debug/Release directories within them as well. Which will force the IDE to regenerate everything.

As an aside, if you haven't seen it already, I would recommend reading: LPC541xx Cortex-M4 / M0+ Multicore Applications 

Note: I strongly suggest that you put a jumper on DFULink header (JP5 IIRC), so that the IDE can soft load the current debug probe firmware. From the details you provide, you are using a old version that has been preprogrammed into the probe's flash memory.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos