Does the "@" symbol act as a pointer in header files for Registers?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the "@" symbol act as a pointer in header files for Registers?

Jump to solution
bpaehr
Contributor IV

I'm using CodeWarrior 10.6.4 for an MC9S08QB8 device.  I'm fairly new to using the C-Language with micros, but I'm getting there.

A question has arisen from a colleague of mine who has used C much longer than me.  In particular, I reference Page 40 of the "Getting Started with HCS08 and CodeWarrior Using C, Rev. 2" document.  On that page there is a reference to using the "@" symbol as an "absolute address" to location $0065.  In trying to help me with my own understanding of how registers are accessed, he doesn't understand how the "@" symbol is used in the typical device headers (as indicated on Page 40).  He has tried to implement the "@" symbol in his own C-Development environment for one of his own projects (not CodeWarrior), but it was not acceptable there.

How does CodeWarrior/Eclipse treat the "@" symbol?  What is it's meaning?  Is it related to pointers?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

"Global Variable Address Modifier @ " is only for CW for 8/16bit MCU.

it is used for assign global variables to specific addresses .

for more information, please see attached doc.

if you have question after reading the doc, please feel free to post here.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

"Global Variable Address Modifier @ " is only for CW for 8/16bit MCU.

it is used for assign global variables to specific addresses .

for more information, please see attached doc.

if you have question after reading the doc, please feel free to post here.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

bpaehr
Contributor IV

Thank you, Jennie.

Bob

0 Kudos