Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJA1100 in imx6 with Managed mode

Jump to solution
fyspkid
Contributor I

Hi Community,

I am using TJA1100 Ethernet PHY in imx6q without any MCU and we need to set mode to Managed mode as a default.

As AH1310 application hints, I need to follow the steps of chapter 8 in this document to write TJA1100 driver in my imx6q kernel.

Can I follow the steps in AH1310 chapter 8 and the Linux PHY driver structure (such as Atheros PHY / at803x.c) in BSP source to create my own TJA1100 driver?

Because the steps in chapter 8 and the structure of Linux PHY driver seem different.

I am kinda new to this field, could you please help me or give me some advices ?

Best regards and many thanks in advance!

Labels (4)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi timchen

you are right, one can use existing driver as reference when porting new

phy, please use nxp bsp on link below and attached Porting Guide Chapter 9

Porting the Ethernet Controller Driver

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi timchen

you are right, one can use existing driver as reference when porting new

phy, please use nxp bsp on link below and attached Porting Guide Chapter 9

Porting the Ethernet Controller Driver

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
fyspkid
Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov,

Thank you for your reply.

I still have two questions below, could you please help me to answer these questions:

1.As I read the document phy.txt which is in kernel_imx/Documentation/networking, I found that PHY Abstraction Layer has Generic PHY Driver.  So can I use Generic PHY Driver as my TJA1100 driver when I use TJA1100 in managed mode?

2.Can I use this function: "genphy_read_status" in my phy driver to implement chapter "8.2.2 Status polling" in AH1310_TJA1100_ApplicationHints.pdf?

Many thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hi Timoty,

i have the same need, TJA1100 with linux, did you succeed with generic_phy ? Do you know if there is now a day a "ready" phy driver ?

Thanks

angelo

0 Kudos