AnsweredAssumed Answered

RAM/FLASH ECC Error handling

Question asked by RAJIV BANDODKAR on Jul 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2016 by Radek Sestak

Hi,

I am using S12ZVL32 controller. I am enabling ECC for Flash (that includes EeProm and Flash memory) and RAM ECC.

RAM ECC single bit fault: As I understand RAM itself is automatically corrected by the ECC logic, please correct me if wrong. In that case, what is the necessity to enable single bit fault interrupt for RAM ECC? How to handle this fault?

RAM ECC double bit fault: There is no interrupt for double bit fault, so how do I know there is a double bit fault other than polling the flag register? How to handle this fault?

EeProm/Flash Single Bit fault: As I understand, the faulty location itself is not corrected by ECC logic, though the read data is correct. In this case can I understand what location/Sector is faulty? In case of EeProm fault, the particular sector/All EeProm can be erased and program re-started. But in case of Flash is there any way to recover from the fault? How to handle this fault?

EeProm/Flash Double Bit fault: There is no interrupt for double bit fault, so how do I know there is a double bit fault other than polling the flag register? How to handle this fault?

Rajiv Bandodkar.

Outcomes