Why KSDK is not supporting KEA-128 Still???

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why KSDK is not supporting KEA-128 Still???

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I want to know why Kinetis Software Development Kit is not there for KE and KEA series of controllers itself??? Is there any specific reason for this?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

andrékouwen
Contributor II

It is kind of disapointing to learn after purchase of (an in this case KEA128) board the different snags involved while being under the impression that the board purchased is fully supported: this seems to be after reading a considerable number of post here on this forum not the case.

It would be fair to tell up front what you can expect in terms of software supprort of essential features like remote debugging including simple sample projects te get you as a developer going.

In my case I might needs to order another board and try it again: that is not what I am expecting. And there is simply to much information available to make an educated guess of what to expect

I think NXP should take note of this and take appropriate action

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vignesh,

please see SDK for Automotive, which is inside in S32 Design Studio.

It is needed to download S32 Design Studio IDE|NXP

or use KDS 3.2 with PEx

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Iva

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Iva,

Does S32 SDK for Automotive has any SDK's for KEA-128? If so can you attach that SDK which is suitable for KEA-128 on this thread?

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello  VIGNESH

Unfortunately there is no plan to support Kinetis E/EA in SDK, since those are Kinetis at 5 V and the peripheral set is totally different to the rest of Kinetis devices (Is the same as our 8 bits family, S08PA/PT), that's the reason why it's not supported.

But they are supported by Processer Expert and you can still use LDD components to initialize and configure their peripherals.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos