OM5577 on Raspberry Pi 3 with Windows IoT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM5577 on Raspberry Pi 3 with Windows IoT

carlopetrelli
Contributor I

I'm trying to get my OM5577 installed on my Raspberry Pi 3. The Windows 10 IoT image in the download section is for Pi 2 board, so I got the insider build for Pi 3 board running, then installed  drivers included in PN7120 - AN11767 following the instructions. At reboot I get an "inaccesible boot device" error. Has anyone been able to get OM5577 to work on Raspberry Pi 3 with Windows IoT?

Labels (1)
8 Replies

venkateshkv
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes, With windows 10 IoT, OM5577 is working with Raspberry PI3.  I could able to bring up the device by following the steps mentioned by jimmy chan. It would be great if you can elaborate the failure that you see.

lorenzrox
Contributor I

Has someone managed to make it work on RPI3?
I'm starting to think I've wasted my money...

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I got the reply from the expert:

Indeed new builds from MSFT  (especially Insider preview ones) sometimes induded change in the ACPI table. With non backward compatibility with previous ones. Since SW3497 package contains ACPI table related to a dedicated build (created at that time), it may not be valid for further MSFT builds.

The best approach is to follow instructions of AN11767, extracting ACPI table from the Raspberry Pi target (running the aimed winIoT build), then to add the PN71xx support before regenerating and install it. Here is the detailled procedure:

- copy asl.exe (ARM version can be downloaded from here) to the target memory, for instance using remote access to RPI via file browser.

- open a PowerShell remote session with the target

- extract ACPI table, using command ./asl.exe /tab=dsdt /resdecode from where asl.exe file has been copied, this generates DSDT.ASL file

- edit the DSDT.ASL file to add the PN71xx support, inserting the dedicated lines in the list of Devices declaration (see here).

- generate modified ACPI table, using command ./asl.ex DSDT.ASL, this will create new DSDT.AML file

- rename DSDT.AML file into acpitabl.dat and copy it to c:\Windows\System32

- reboot, the PN71xx Device should appear in the device manager (can be seen through the Device webportal, in Devices, under category "ACPI ARM-based PC"/"Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System",referenced as "ACPI\PN71X0\..." (until driver has been installed , the device should be in StatusCode 25175040 and ProblemCode 28)

For reference, find here a zip file related to the Windows Insider build 14376, containing the DSDT.ASL file modified with PN71xx support as well as related compiled acpitabl.dat.

Then proceed with driver installation using inf file provided as part of the SW3497 package.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This issue had already sent to the expert team. A new package will fix this issue and soon be published on NXP web site.

0 Kudos

mlaros
Contributor I

Any news on this?

0 Kudos

craigjenkins
Contributor I

Hi, any news on when we can expect the new package.

Many thanks

0 Kudos

yankospassov
Contributor I

Same here.

I see that there is an update for Linux.

https://community.freescale.com/message/642159#comment-642159

Hope we will have an update soon.

0 Kudos

yuri1312
Contributor I

Same issue here (also saw it reported on MSDN forums).

My guess would be that the NXP driver for the OM5577 has to be recompiled for the insider builds using the preview WDK released at build 2016... Anyone know if the source code for the driver is available somewhere, or is it proprietary?

0 Kudos