AnsweredAssumed Answered

KDS 3.2 debug mode not working with KL03Z32M4

Question asked by Thomas Edel on Apr 5, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 by Alice_Yang

I'm trying to get the new 3.2 KDS software to work on Windows 7 with PEMicro Interface Debugging.  The 3.1 software was working fine with my target application.  When I try to run the 3.2 software, with the same project imported to it, it seems to build fine, and loads the firmware fine.  When it is run in debug mode it will run for a while (to a breakpoint not too far along), but at some point the debug interface seems to  loose control.  The target keeps running, but the debug interface stops.  With at typical failure the debug pane shows the following:

KL03Z-SPCM3_Debug_PNE [GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging]

KL03Z-SPCM3.elf

Thread #1 (Suspended : Signal : SIGTRAP:Trace/breakpoint trap)

0x200005e0

0x200005e0  C:\Freescale\KDS_v3\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_2.3.6.201602211227\win32\pegdbserver_console

arm-none-eabi-gdb

Seems like my problem has something to do with the "Suspended : Signal : SIGTRAP:Trace/breakpoint trap".  Seems like I'm lacking some basic understanding about what is happening with that.  Any help would be appreciated.  Please let me know if the info I have provided is not enough. 

Note:  When the debugger stops, the disassembly view shows stopping at line 0x200005e0 (at the end of SRAM).  With no associated source code.  Not sure how it gets there, or why.

Outcomes