MKL16Z32 UART Tx pin disable (tristate)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL16Z32 UART Tx pin disable (tristate)?

johnbeale
Contributor II

I am using KDS 3.1.0 to develop for a MKL16Z32 microcontroller.  The design calls for a multidrop serial bus with more than one device on the same PCB connected to the same Tx output line.  I understand that I could use an external RS-485 driver, or simple open-collector/open-drain circuit, but without using additional hardware, is there a register setting to enable and disable (tristate) the UART Tx (output) pin without affecting operation of the UART Rx (input) pin?   Does the function UART_HAL_DisableTransmitter(UART_Type * base) do this?  Thanks for any assistance.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

- Which version of KSDK do you  used ? I have not find the function of "UART_HAL_DisableTransmitter(UART_Type * base)".

- And does this register can meet your requirement ? UARTx_C2->TE (you can find it in the Reference Manual)

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------