Is the flash programmer of DSC 56800E is available for Windows 64-bit version?. I have FLSHPROGRAMMER_V1.2_WIN32 file, We purchased a new laptop with 64-bit version. So its not getting supported. Please help me on this

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the flash programmer of DSC 56800E is available for Windows 64-bit version?. I have FLSHPROGRAMMER_V1.2_WIN32 file, We purchased a new laptop with 64-bit version. So its not getting supported. Please help me on this

dharanidevimani
Contributor I

Labels (1)
7 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dharani devi

56800E Flash Programmer can work on 64bit OS with USBTAP, for the solution, please refer to:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-102607

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

eunaehcho
Contributor I

Hello.
The solution you mentioned is a workable solution in Windows 7, not in a 64-bit environment.
I tried it several times.
Yet I still don't work properly in 64-bit, Windows 7 environments.
I also tried the program 'DSC Flasher', but it doesn't work either.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eunaeh,

Just FYI. I ever followed this doc of installing 56800E Flash Programmer v1.2 on two 64bit win7. It works normally.

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-102607

Please make sure you have windows admin right and test it on another 64bit win7 computer.

Best Regards,

Jennie

0 Kudos

eunaehcho
Contributor I

Thank you for your kindness. 

I tried several times, but the problem has still remained.

Running the 56800E Flash Programmer after the CCS, the CCS operation stops.

In addition, the 'Flash timeout 'error occurs in the Flash programmer as below.

I have been struggling for several days because this problem has not been resolved...

CCCSClient_Network_timeout_captureImage.JPG

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The Flash Programmer V1.2 was released for Win XP 32 bit OS.

We don't have new version supporting Win 7.

The problem is the CCS feature.

The CCS version used is not compatible with 64 bit OS.

We've the same problem with CW for DSC V8.3 for instance.

The workaround is to update the CCS to a new version supporting the Win 7 and 64 bit OS.

You can install the last version included on Eclipse: CW for MCU V10.6.4.

Copy the CCS folder to your installation.

Another solution is to use the DSC Flasher.

You will find details at the AN:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4824.pdf

DSC Flasher can be downloaded from the link:

56F801X |Digital Signal Controller|NXP

pastedImage_4.png

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

dharanidevimani
Contributor I

Thank you for the answer. We will try with DSC Flasher.

Similarly, can you let me know the solutions available for programming the MCU in 64-bit version. Previously in 32-bit version PC, we were using "hiwave" prog of CW _MCU_V6.3_SE. 

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In MCU V6.3 the Hi-Wave external debugger was used but it was the P&E flash programmer.

When the debugger was launched, the P&E flash programmer was used to flash the application on-board.

You can install MCU V6.3 on win 7 64 bit OS too.

There are some posts about it on community.

Run installer under win 7 and higher:Install CodeWarrior 6.3 Windows 7 & 10 x64 directly (Classic version)

Copy past the installation:Re: Re: Install CodeWarrior 6.3 (Classic) directly under Windows 7 x64

The P&E Drivers contained in the installation are not working with Win  7 64 bit OS.

However you can download and install last version from P&E web site.

After to have installed new version, you can use the MCU v6.3 under Win 7 64 bit PC.

P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

0 Kudos