I'm having a problem similar to the one discussed in the following thread:
The main difference is I am using the TWR-K65F180M board instead of the TWR-K60F120M board. In order to test out the ethernet capability, I am trying to run the eth_to_serial example application (found under C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\middleware\tcpip\rtcs\examples\eth_to_serial). I'm able to successfully build and deploy the application to the development board (deployment using the OpenSDA connector on the TWR-K65F board).
The application starts up as expected. First, the serial console (I'm using PuTTY) on my laptop displays the expected message:
Application listening on following ip addresses:
IPv4 Address: 172.16.10.2, port:23
Waiting for incoming connection...
Note that I modified the ENET_IPADDR macro to use a different IP address than the original 192.168.1.202 address. I did this in order to keep it separate from my regular network. Anyway, by this point the code has successfully set up the socket and is pended on a call to select(), waiting for a connection request to come in.
At this point, I open up another PuTTY shell, this time a raw connection, and attempt to connect to 172.16.10.2:23. Not only is the connection never accepted, but I can see in the debugger that the call to select() is not even returning. This latter fact suggests to me that I have something physically assembled incorrectly, but I don't know what. So here's what I have:
- TWR-K65F and TWR-SER board are sandwiched between the two TWR-ELEV boards. Yes, I made sure to match primary and secondary correctly.
- Mini-USB connection from laptop to OpenSDA port on the TWR-K65F board. I am using this for debug and serial console
- Ethernet cable connected between TWR-SER board and a USB-to-Ethernet adapter attached to my laptop. I've configured the interface with the adapter with the address 172.16.10.1/24.
- TWR-K65F jumper settings have not been touched.
- TWR-SER jumper settings - following modifications:
- Moved shunt on J2 from 1-2 to 3-4 to select 50 MHz clock
- Shunted pins 2-3 on J3 to route the 50MHz clock to CLOCKIN0
- Shunted pins 9-10 on J12 to select RMII mode.
The TWR-SER jumper settings I chose were suggested in Table 4 of the following document: http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/TWR-K60N512-UM.pdf
The user guide for my TWR-K65F board (http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/TWRK65F180MUG.pdf ) doesn't have any suggestions.
If anybody can point out what I'm doing wrong, I'd love to know. Thanks!