Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packets generator with DPAA ?

Jump to solution
nicolaskury
Contributor II

Hi

I would like to compare the network throughtput when I send packets using Linux sockets versus when I send with DPAA.

Does a packets generator using DPAA already exist ? Where can I find it ?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a little confusion. Linux kernel network interface driver for DPAA-enabled chips

utilizes all three main components of DPAA, FMAN, BMAN and QMAN, to process your data.

There is no way to bypass DPAA.

If you meant USDPAA, which is a software that allows userspace tasks to enqueue/deque

network packets directly to/from QMAN, it does not have any ready traffic generator.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a little confusion. Linux kernel network interface driver for DPAA-enabled chips

utilizes all three main components of DPAA, FMAN, BMAN and QMAN, to process your data.

There is no way to bypass DPAA.

If you meant USDPAA, which is a software that allows userspace tasks to enqueue/deque

network packets directly to/from QMAN, it does not have any ready traffic generator.

Have a great day,
Platon

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
nicolaskury
Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos