cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with Kinetis SDK

Jump to solution
kg1
Contributor II

As a beginner I am working through "Getting Started with Kinetis SDK (KSDK) v.1.3, Rev. 0, 09/2015" (C:\FreeScale\KSDK_1.3.0\doc) and I am up to Page 29 of "5.5 Run a demo application".

I am using a FRDMK64F and setup with "FRDM-K64F    CMSIS-DAP\mbed\DAPLink      OpenSDA v2.0" as per Appendix B. When I click on the Debug Button I get:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching hello_world_frdmk64f debug cmsisdap".

ilg.gnuarmeclipse.debug.gdbjtag.dsf.GnuArmServicesFactory.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kevin.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gabrielrosapaz
Contributor I

Hi Kevin.

I had the same problem. I'm honestly thinking that mbed debugger system is unreliable, I suggest you use the OpenSDA application of P&EMicro (DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v108a_for_OpenSDA_v2.0.bin), you can find it, in the installation folder of KDS (C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\pemicro\opensda) or in this link of NXP web page: OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP

You must enter in the bootloader mode of the board to insert the new OpenSDA application

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gabrielrosapaz
Contributor I

Hi Kevin.

I had the same problem. I'm honestly thinking that mbed debugger system is unreliable, I suggest you use the OpenSDA application of P&EMicro (DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v108a_for_OpenSDA_v2.0.bin), you can find it, in the installation folder of KDS (C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\pemicro\opensda) or in this link of NXP web page: OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP

You must enter in the bootloader mode of the board to insert the new OpenSDA application

0 Kudos
kg1
Contributor II

Thank you Gabriel. I found the file: C:\FreeScale\KDS_3.0.0\pemicro\opensda      DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v108a_for_OpenSDA_v2.0.bin and used Appendix C to install it. I deleted the previous Debug Configurations and used GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging: hello_world_frdmk64f debug pne and used the default settings which enabled me to debug.

Please look through the screen shots. If there is any further actions you would recommend I would be most grateful:

KDSconfigDebug.png

KDSconfigDebug2.png

KDSconfigDebug3.png

KDSconfigDebug5.png

KDSconfigDebug6.png

0 Kudos