cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PEmicro OpenSDA debugger in Windows 10?

Jump to solution
shauldorf
Contributor V

Does someone else encountered with a problem activating PEmicro OpenSDA debugger in Windows 10?

Shaul

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

for the moment OpenSDA driver doesn't support win10

the latest OpenSDA driver v1.11 adds support Windows 8/8.1, MacOS and Linux operating systems.

If you are currently running OpenSDA Bootloader version 1.10 or earlier, you will need to find a Windows XP or Windows 7 PC to perform this update.

for more information, see

P&E Microcomputer Systems

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

for the moment OpenSDA driver doesn't support win10

the latest OpenSDA driver v1.11 adds support Windows 8/8.1, MacOS and Linux operating systems.

If you are currently running OpenSDA Bootloader version 1.10 or earlier, you will need to find a Windows XP or Windows 7 PC to perform this update.

for more information, see

P&E Microcomputer Systems

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
shauldorf
Contributor V

There is a special windows 10 patch on P&E Micro site.

It looks O.K

Shaul

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have KDS v3.0.0 working on Windows 10 :-).

There is that old issue with FRDM board bootloaders that you need to update it using a Windows 7 machine (that's already the case for Windows 8.x).

There is another known problem that the driver might stop working after a while, see P&E Microcomputer Systems

P&E has released a patch for Windows 10 here: http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=460

I hope that helps,

Erich

shauldorf
Contributor V

Erich Thanks;

Starting yesterday I'm using this patch.

The problem with PEmicro in my opinion (???) was that some of the windows updates has effected the driver and this patch solved it.

I don't have experience like you, but I think that Segger J-Link is not stable (stops working?) in windows 10 to.

I have cases that it stops working and new reconnections is required. I'm not sure if it was my fault because I return back to PEmicro (with the patch)

Do you have any feedback?

Shaul

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shaul,

the problem seems to be related with the Jungo drivers. My Segger J-Link did not expose any problem and worked fine.

Erich