AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why are breakpoints not working, and how do I fix it?

Question asked by Nancy Neff on Sep 3, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 by Nancy Neff

I'm running CodeWarrior for MCUs 10.6 build 140329, special edition.  Target is a KE06Z, debugging over the OpenSDA interface.  I'm creating a .elf file with debug info,  The debugger is ignoring any breakpoints I set.  It comes up with the message that some breakpoints may not work, but none of the ones set work, even at places not optimized away or otherwise places that should work.  What could be causing this, and how do I fix it?

One thing I've wondered about, and can't figure out how to tell, is whether I've gone over the code size limit for the special edition version of CodeWarrior.  How does one know?  My source code files total about 142 KB in Windows, but that's with the byte size rounded up because of disk sectors, and all the comments in the code, so the actual source size is considerably less than that, but it looks like I might be pushing the limit.  How does one know when you've gone over the limit as far as CodeWarrior is concerned?  Could this be related to breakpoints not working?

Outcomes