Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM912H634 True-Time Simullator

Jump to solution
daviddai
Contributor I

Hello RadekS,

Could you please answer my another two questions as below?

1, When I simulate my program with CodeWorrior True-Time Simullator hiwave.exe,

result is different with full Start/Continue(F5) mode and Step over(F10) mode, why?

2, With Step over(F10) mode, some MCU rigisters and some variants I changed the value

in my code have no any change in CodeWorrior True-Time Simullator's detect windows, why?

Snap shot:

48809_48809.png1.png48810_48810.png2.png

BTW, I simulated my project connecting with the board, the relay can work well.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards

David Dai

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Yes there are several third party tools which has simulator (For example Lauterbach, Cosmic, NoIce, IAR,…). However personally I do not have any experience with these products. Also MM912H634 is not general purpose and widely used S12 device (it is rather hybrid device for special purpose), therefore it is possible that range of available tools will be limited.

Yes, simulator should have defined how it behave in case of any write into specific registers,…

Unfortunately Simulator in CW5.1 does not know MM912H634 device and their special registers and ranges of RAM.

In fact, any write to B_xxx means write into analog die trough D2D interface. In reality it is write into register area and it depends how simulator defines this area.

Currently I have no idea why it doesn’t work in case of simple variables.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

You are welcome.

I branched this your new question to separate thread for better traceability.

Unfortunately work on True-Time Simullator was stopped some time ago. It means that some of S12 MCUs (approximately all new S12 MCUs starting from S12G) are newer than True-Time Simullator. Therefore True-Time Simullator missing between connection options when you want create new project via wizard. You can switch to True-Time Simullator in debugger; however True-Time Simullator does not contain all information about these MCUs. So, you must take simulators results with constraints.

Simulator is very useful in some cases. For example when we want measure how long will take to execute some part of code – it counts instruction time directly in bus cycles/seconds.

On other side simulations of interrupts are complicated…

So, basic recommendation is testing almost all situations directly at board. Since we have more than 10k write cycles for flash, it should not be any problem.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
daviddai
Contributor I

Hello RadekS,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there another IDE and Simullator for MM912H634? such as the third party ?

I fully understand I can test almost all situations directly at board,

but that means I will spend much more time to do some calculation,

for exmple, AD convert, I can't get the real-time value from register B_ADC.

I always believe the reason to the register real-time value didn't change(as below) is something configurations is not right, e.z the MCU operation mode.

1.png

Did you also meet this kind of issue?

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards

David Dai

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Yes there are several third party tools which has simulator (For example Lauterbach, Cosmic, NoIce, IAR,…). However personally I do not have any experience with these products. Also MM912H634 is not general purpose and widely used S12 device (it is rather hybrid device for special purpose), therefore it is possible that range of available tools will be limited.

Yes, simulator should have defined how it behave in case of any write into specific registers,…

Unfortunately Simulator in CW5.1 does not know MM912H634 device and their special registers and ranges of RAM.

In fact, any write to B_xxx means write into analog die trough D2D interface. In reality it is write into register area and it depends how simulator defines this area.

Currently I have no idea why it doesn’t work in case of simple variables.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

0 Kudos