cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS openocd patch

Jump to solution
sam_
Contributor III

We are using the K65 processor on a board and have a Olimex debugging pod directly connected to the MCU's JTAG ports.  If we attempt to use the openocd executable that is bundled with the KDS, it complains that our debugging interface (ft2232) is not available.  Normally, we would build the openocd program ourselves and enable our interface during the configure step.  However, we have not been able to flash our processor and it was suggested by the openocd community to use the executable bundled with KDS.

Is there a patch file available to indicate what is different between the KDS openocd executable and the source available from the openocd repos?

There is no K65 configuration file in KDS 3 and the others seem to indicate that the kinetis.cfg file should be used.  Is the kinetis.cfg file sufficient to support the K65?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

K65 is very likely not supported in OpenOCD. You might try the kinetis.cfg, but as to my guess the K65 flash is different than the K64, it probably will not work.

As for the sources: there is a source file package available if you download KDS from http://www.freescale.com/kds:

pastedImage_0.png

(the source file package is available for each OS (Windows, Mac, Linux).

The OpenOCD in KDS v3.0.0 is the same as in KDS v2.0.0, so you can use either source file package.

Erich

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

K65 is very likely not supported in OpenOCD. You might try the kinetis.cfg, but as to my guess the K65 flash is different than the K64, it probably will not work.

As for the sources: there is a source file package available if you download KDS from http://www.freescale.com/kds:

pastedImage_0.png

(the source file package is available for each OS (Windows, Mac, Linux).

The OpenOCD in KDS v3.0.0 is the same as in KDS v2.0.0, so you can use either source file package.

Erich

sam_
Contributor III

When I attempt to download the KDS, I only have options for the installer.

kds.png

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Click on one of the downloads, it will show the source file package.

Erich