AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do you program and run from flash?

Question asked by dave408 on Apr 28, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 28, 2015 by dave408

I have been searching all over, and haven't found the information I need to program and run from flash.  Currently, I can test my code just fine in the debugger.  However, if I instead select Run As -> Run Configurations and then create a configuration, it doesn't run as I would like or expect (likely lack of eclipse experience here).

What I'd like to be able to do is to create a flash image in KDS that can then be loaded and execute when I reset my FRDM-K22F.  I have already read posts from Erich and others that indicates that I need to go to the project properties and "create flash image", like so:

I have tried to program this file using the Run -> Flash from file option.

But when I flash, if I leave the debugger features enabled, the GDB server just stops.  If I disable the debugger, then I just get this error:

Can anyone point me to a document that explains running from flash and how it can be done?  I realize that I can change the output format to BIN and then load the mbed firmware and copy my file over, but that is not the process I want to use in the end product.

Thank you!

Outcomes