Developing custom board based on iMX6SoloXSabreSD board. Following i.MX6 BSP Porting Guide and Freescale Yocto Project Users Guide. Kernel 3.10.53.
I have followed these docs to build an fsl-image-gui image and a core-image-base image. I have SD booted the reference board with both these Yocto based builds.
I am having issues now however, when trying to create a custom build which I have called mx6sxdusb, based on the mx6sxsabresd machine. I am going to be very specific here regarding process of trying to create custom build to hopefully facilitate a rapid resolution.
1) $ source setup-environment build-mx6sxdusbsd
2) cd ..
3) $ MACHINE=imx6sxsabresd source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-mx6sxdusbsd
4) $ bitbake core-image-base
From this point on, assume working directory is ~fsl-release-bsp/build-mx6sxdusbsd/tmp/work/mx6sxsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/2014.04-r0/git
5) $ cp -R board/freescale/mx6sxsabresd board/freescale/mx6sxdusbsd
6) $ cp include/configs/mx6sxsabresd.h include/configs/mx6sxdusbsd.h
7) Edit boards.cfg to add the following line:
Active arm armv7 mx6 freescale mx6sxdusbsd mx6sxdusbsd mx6sxdesbsd:IMX_CONFIG=board/freescale/mx6sxdusbsd/imximage.cfg,MX6SX
9) Edit board/freescale/mx6sxdusbsd/Makefile to change line to obj-y := mx6sxdusbsd.o
10) Create build_u-boot.sh script according to i.MX BSP Porting Guide as follows:
11) $ source build_u-boot.sh
Obviously this does not work as mx6sxdusbsd_config does not exist. Seems like I could just bitbake core- image-base specifying MACHINE=mx6sxdusbsd, this does not work as it is not recognized as valid by fsl-setup-release script. Can you please assist. This is a vast system and I have looked at numerous Yocto docs trying to resolve. Your assistance is very much appreciated. Thank you!