Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS on KDS processor Expert

Jump to solution
holyhope
Contributor III

I'm now trying several way to program my FRDM-K64

Using Processor Expert with KDS I can use only MQX for SDK but it is in beta and have sveral bug, now I'm trying to use FreeRTOS

I see that I can install, with KSDK1.0.0 the FreeRTOS 8.0 and it is a stable version.

I try to use Processor Expert on my KDS 1.1.1 for use FreeRTOS (v8.0 installend with KSDK) instead MQX-sdk.

But there is not the component! What I can do? I downloaded a componente from web bnut use a FreeRtos 7.2.0 version (that I not have and it is impossible find a previously version on web of FreeRTOS) but it don't work...

I only want to use FreeRTOS installed during KSDK installation with processor expert, what I can do?

Many thanks

Max

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
holyhope
Contributor III

Hi

MQX seems that have many problems... Problem that FreeRTOS haven't...

MQX for KSDK is in BETA version...

Tanks for the guide I discover MCU same day before your answer and I use it for implements the FreeRTOS on my project.

I give another information: There is a very usefull plugin for debug queue task and timer in run--time mode with freertos (like TAD of MQX). On the same page of MCU is described

thanks

Massimiliano

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Max,

The McuOnEclipse FreeRTOS Processor Expert component (Tutorial: Freedom with FreeRTOS and Kinetis-L | MCU on Eclipse) works with the Kinetis SDK too. It looks like this:

pastedImage_0.png

The only difference is because the SDK needs some special user types, you need to add the KinetisSDK component to the project (see screenshot).

I have attached for you a LED blink demo for the FRDM-K64F board with FreeRTOS and the SDK.

If you do not have the McuOnEclipse components, you can download them from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcuoneclipse/files/PEx%20Components/

Unpack the zip file, then import the *.PEupd files with the menu Processor Expert > Import components.

As additional ressource, go to Freescale Technical Sessions Library|Freescale and search in the library for FreeRTOS: you will find FTF-SDS-F0120 on that subject.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Max,

The McuOnEclipse FreeRTOS Processor Expert component (Tutorial: Freedom with FreeRTOS and Kinetis-L | MCU on Eclipse) works with the Kinetis SDK. It looks like this:

pastedImage_0.png

If you do not have the latest McuOnEclipse Processor Expert components installed, you can get them from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcuoneclipse/files/PEx%20Components/

Download and unpack the zip file, then import the *.PEupd files with Processor Expert > Import Component(s).

See Processor Expert Component *.PEupd Files on GitHub | MCU on Eclipse how to import them into your KDS or DriverSuite Eclipse.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello max

from my understanding, current KSDK1.0.0 FreeRTOS can support GCC, Keil, IAR but no KDS yet.

i suggest you use KSDK+MQX+KDS instead.

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

--------------------------------------------------

this answer is for you, if it helps, please click on "Correct Answer" button. thanks!

0 Kudos