AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot connect to target via CMSIS-DAP - Vybrid

Question asked by Jack Blather on Sep 17, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2014 by Jack Blather

I'm getting a bunch of errors when trying to connect my DS-5 session to the Vybrid target over the USB CMSIS-DAP connection:

Sep 16 16:41:59 ubuntu32 kernel: [ 1593.352279] usb 2-2.3: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd browse_cmsis_da rqt 128 rq 6 len 255 ret -110

Sep 16 16:42:09 ubuntu32 kernel: [ 1603.363434] usb 2-2.3: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd browse_cmsis_da rqt 128 rq 6 len 255 ret -110

etc etc forever.

When this happens, I cannot connect to the target to download and debug code. Also, trying to use the Connection Browser causes the exact same results - I get all those errors in the syslog and the Connection Browser remains blank.

The weird thing is that it will behave like this for most of a day then suddenly start working.

Other than this, about half the time, I cannot connect and sometimes have to cycle power or just soft reboot the Vybrid tower in order to connect. Sometimes (but rarely) I have to reboot the development host to get it to work. I've had to live with this for the last year....

I've tried reflashing the firmware in the K20. I most recently used the K20 CMSIS-DAP firmware mentioned in this thread: Updated CMSIS-DAP application

Does anybody have an idea why this is happening? Sometimes this happens for hours on end and I can't get anything done.

It seems to me that either the CMSIS-DAP protocol or the P&E firmware isn't mature and is full of bugs....

Thanks

Outcomes