Failed to resume target process. Downloading binary to target...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to resume target process. Downloading binary to target...

rhana
Contributor III

Hello, I am attempting to debug Kinetis_MK20DX256VLL7_mouse_host  in CodeWarrior 10.6 and I am getting this error "Failed to resume target process. Downloading binary to target..."

First I am asked "Device is secure. Erase to unsecure?" Then I click yes, and it gives me the message above.

In my event details I get this:

Description:

Failed to resume target process.

Explanation:

No details available.Details:

Downloading binary to target...

Stack Trace:

com.freescale.cdt.debug.cw.core.DebugErrorUtils.handleDebugCoreError(DebugErrorUtils.java:281)

com.freescale.cdt.debug.cw.core.cdi.model.Target.launchComplete(Target.java:4610)

com.freescale.cdt.debug.cw.CWCallback.NotifyTargetLaunchComplete(CWCallback.java:631)

cwdbg.DebuggerCallbackPOA._invoke(DebuggerCallbackPOA.java:399)

com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaServerRequestDispatcherImpl.dispatchToServant(Unknown Source)

com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaServerRequestDispatcherImpl.dispatch(Unknown Source)

com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaMessageMediatorImpl.handleRequestRequest(Unknown Source)

com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaMessageMediatorImpl.handleRequest(Unknown Source)

com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaMessageMediatorImpl.handleInput(Unknown Source)

com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.giopmsgheaders.RequestMessage_1_2.callback(Unknown Source)

com.sun.corba.se.impl.protocol.CorbaMessageMediatorImpl.handleRequest(Unknown Source)

com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.dispatch(Unknown Source)

com.sun.corba.se.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.doWork(Unknown Source)

com.sun.corba.se.impl.orbutil.threadpool.ThreadPoolImpl$WorkerThread.performWork(Unknown Source)

com.sun.corba.se.impl.orbutil.threadpool.ThreadPoolImpl$WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)

I have other projects that build just fine.

Any ideas where I should be looking? Thanks.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Robert:

I checked that project and it seems that the target MCU is incorrect. Go to Run -> Debug Configurations -> Edit (Connection) -> Edit (Target), and in "Target type" select K20DX256M7, as in the next picture:

Target_MCU.png

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"Failed to resume target process" means that the debugger is not able to halt/start the device, of not even able to talk to it.

Have you correctly configured if it is SWD or JTAG?

See http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/04/20/using-the-frdm-k64f-with-codewarrior/

(section "Trouble Shooting")

The "Device is secure" message indicates that either the device is really secured (maybe accidentially), see

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/05/28/device-is-secure/

The debugger assumes as well that the device is secure if it cannot access it or talk to it.

That could be because either your debug cable connection is bad or wrong, or you even might have a board power issue (check that your microcontroller is properly powered).

If you can debug other projects just fine on that board, I think it really could be that this application sets the security bits, so indeed your device is secured?

Erich

0 Kudos