Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQXLite for M0+ (MKL25Z128VLK4) fails to build

stephenlangstaf
Contributor III

Kinetis Design Studio [beta]

Version: 1.0.1 [beta]

Create a new Kinetis Design Studio Project.

Select processor = MKL25Z128VLK4

Add component MQXLite

Generate Processor Expert code.

Build debug target...

'Building file: ../MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/core/M0/dispatch.S'

'Invoking: Cross ARM GNU Assembler'

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections  -g3 -x assembler-with-cpp -I"C:/Users/srl/workspace.kds/test1/MQXLITE/include" -I"C:/Users/srl/workspace.kds/test1/MQXLITE/config" -I"C:/Users/srl/workspace.kds/test1/MQXLITE/kernel" -I"C:/Users/srl/workspace.kds/test1/MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m" -I"C:/Users/srl/workspace.kds/test1/MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/core/M0" -I"C:/Users/srl/workspace.kds/test1/MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/compiler/cwgcc" -MMD -MP -MF"MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/core/M0/dispatch.d" -MT"MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/core/M0/dispatch.o" -c -o "MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/core/M0/dispatch.o" "../MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/core/M0/dispatch.S"

../MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/core/M0/dispatch.S: Assembler messages:

../MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/core/M0/dispatch.S:276: writing to APSR without specifying a bitmask is deprecated

'Finished building: ../MQXLITE/psp/cortex_m/core/M0/dispatch.S'

Message was edited by: Stephen Langstaff

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

petr_uhlir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

it looks like the GCC v 4.8.0 which is in KDS evaluates the move to special register wrong way (msr APSR, rn).
For Cortex M0 (M0+) the syntax does not specify status register fields
Syntax MSR spec_reg, Rn
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0662b/BABGIDDI.html
For Cortex M4 the syntax requires optional flags
Syntax MSR{cond} spec_reg, Rn
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0553a/BABEEJCI.html
When checking the syntax MSR APSR_nzcvq, Rn (which is OK for GCC 4.8.0) with IAR on M0+ the compiler emits
Error[447]: The selected cpu/core does not support status register fields.

So you can try do following workaround to which should work on all compilers supported by PEx:

Modify the code in "c:\Freescale\KDS_1.1\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\lib\mqxlite\V1.1.x\source\psp\cortex_m\core\M0\dispatch.S" on line 276 following way.

#ifdef __GNUC__

msr APSR_nzcvq, r1

#else

msr APSR, r1

#endif

After that when you regenerate project (or create new one) you should be able to compile it.

Regards Petr

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I thought I'd report that this bug is still present in KDS 1.1.1.  If I create a new project for the KE06 using Processor Expert, it compiles, but this error still shows up.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stephen Langstaff ,

I have reproduced this problem and logged this problem as a defect to DevTech team. report number: ENGR00320240

I will keep you posted.

Best Regards,

ZhangJun

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I have seen this occasionally as well when targeting a KE06, but I seem to be able to launch the debugger despite the error. 

0 Kudos