Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux driver for i.mx6 flexcan mailbox

Jump to solution
shabeerbadarudh
Contributor IV

Hello,

I need to configure the flexcan in imx6 for mail box reception and transmission(I want to use complete 64 mailboxes). But the current driver support only FIFO reception(Linux kernel 3.0.35). From where can i get the driver for mailbox?  or can we need to write the code from scratch?. Please give some replay or send me the useful links/codes  because i need to complete  this task with in a short period...

Regards

Shabeer

0 Kudos
1 Solution
shabeerbadarudh
Contributor IV

Hi Sorry for the late replay...

We implemented the mailbox reception logic in flexcan driver.

Regards

Shabeer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
shabeerbadarudh
Contributor IV

Hi,

I forgot to say my complete requirement.. I want to use both FIFO and mailbox mechanisms. That is the first 8 message boxes are used for FIFO reception(current flexcan driver support it ) and the remaining message boxes are used for mailbox reception and transmission..Please give ur valuable replay..

Thanks and Regards,

Shabeer

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Shabeer

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
shabeerbadarudh
Contributor IV

Hi Sorry for the late replay...

We implemented the mailbox reception logic in flexcan driver.

Regards

Shabeer

0 Kudos
loic_pellat
Contributor I

Hello,

I know this post is old, but I wander how do you code the mailbox reception. I am trying to do the same thing using socketcan but i don't know if i have to use a completly different system (like sysfs) to access the Mailbox buffer or if it's better to modify directly the socketcan lib to access it.

Thanx for your reply.

0 Kudos
shabeerbadarudh
Contributor IV

Sorry for the late reply. We had implemented it in the flexcan driver, not done anything on to the upper layers

Thanks,

Shabeer

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

After checking the code, you are right , the driver only supports Rx FIFO.

You would need to implement your own driver to add the single MB reception.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos