Most keybindings and shortcuts stopped working after today's update to 10.5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most keybindings and shortcuts stopped working after today's update to 10.5

christianflügel
Contributor II

I've just finished installing the newest update to CW 10.5 and now most of the keybuindings and keyboard shortcuts stopped working.

DEL, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V are the most egregious but there are a certain number of other shortcuts that also no longer work.

Selecting those commands via context menus works.

I've already reset everything to defaults and I've also deleted my workspace and created a new one. Reboot and closing/reopening my projects didn't work either.

Before I spend half of my work day to delete and reinstall CW is there another way to restore keybinds to working order again?

Labels (1)
32 Replies

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

I have windows 64-bit ultimate and codewarrior 10.6, everything up to date. Mmy delete key occasionally stops working just in all things codewarrior related (all other programs work normally). Restart codewarrior and it comes back. Just a little annoying, its only happened twice in several months.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carl,

I know that this was a problem with the 10.5 update, but I have not seen this or any report on 10.6.

Does the workaround described above

>The only solution is : type anything - > highlight it  - .> ctrl-x it - > ctrl-v it. Now all that shortcuts  should work

work for you too?

If so, it really could be the same problem, maybe it happens very likely?

Erich

0 Kudos

alexanderportny
Contributor I

I had that issue with delete, ctrl-c , ctrl - v

The only solution is : type anything - > highlight it  - .> ctrl-x it - > ctrl-v it. Now all that shortcuts  should work

CamiloA_
Contributor III

Work thank you!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

FYI: MCU 10.6 or the second update to MCU10.5 has solved that keyboard shortcut problem.

0 Kudos

davidboutet
Contributor I

How to install second update to MCU10.5?

using this link? : http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/MCU10_5/com.freescale.mcu.updatesite

but what element should be upgraded?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I already switched to 10.6, but I believe it must the in the PEx (Processor Expert) update.

Erich

0 Kudos

davidboutet
Contributor I

I upgraded PEx (CW for MCU 10.5 PEx Update v1.0.0  -> MCU10.5 PEx CORE UPDATE 1.0.1) and every other packages that I think could have a relation with this problem but Ctrl-c Ctrl-v still dont work.

I would like to use 10.6 instead but I have license only for 10.5.

Could you be more specific about required package?

David

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I moved my 10.5 license into 10.6, and that works for me. I suggest that you get 10.6 (no need to uninstall 10.5, simply install 10.6 side-by-side).

Erich

0 Kudos

smachell
Contributor II

Teach me to install updates from now on.

At least my LPCXpresso Eclipse is working fine, but right now I need to write some code for a Kinetis project.

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I found that you have submit a SR for this issue. Our engineer is trying to reproduce the problem and find out the root cause.

0 Kudos

christianflügel
Contributor II

After working for a certain amount of time in CW 10.5 the keybindings suddenly start working again until I close and reopen CW (which I have to do often with 10.5 since it's such a broken mess) then they stop working again

0 Kudos

Richly
Contributor III

Same here: after upgrade to 10.5 shortcut keys stop working, but sometime later in the session, they seem to start working again...Irritating, isn't it. 

I have submitted a service request.

One thought...I'm running CW10.5 on Windows XP.  Could the problem be related to that?

- R

0 Kudos

kecart
Contributor III

I have seen this happen twice on Windows 7 x64 in the last week.  I tried everything I could think of and ended up uninstalling and reinstalling.  That is the first real problem I have had since 10.5 was released.  Developing on Kinetis using the Freescale toolchain, not GCC and it seems to be very stable for me.  I found that the GCC toolchain produces much larger code footprint when identical code is compiled with Optimization set to 0.

0 Kudos

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi, could you please check the settings on the keys in CW.

see the attached image for reference!

0 Kudos

Symbolic
Contributor III

I tried to roll back my update, and got multiple errors - had to cancel the rollback.

I am (of course) experiencing this same problem - HIGHLY ANNOYING!

0 Kudos

Symbolic
Contributor III

Update:

Using the Ctrl-X function seems to re-activate the Ctl-C, Ctl-V, and the Delete Keys (at least for a while)

CamiloA_
Contributor III

Work! thank you!

0 Kudos

Richly
Contributor III

I can't but wonder how you figured this out, but thanks for letting us know!

0 Kudos

Symbolic
Contributor III

Pure happenstance, being observant, and having old habits (keeping on trying the Ctl-C and Ctl-V, even when I "knew" they were not working).

Note the "seems to" - I am not entirely sure it will work for everybody.

0 Kudos