Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM programmers problem

dorinhorvath
Contributor I

Hi pgo

Thanks for your work on USBDM.

I recently built a JS16 minimal version, installed USBDM_4_10_6c (small problems with mergeXml program) and loaded

a flash image with your bootloader without problems.

The stand-alone HCS08 programmer does not start from start menu (USBDM has encountered a problem and needs to close)

but it works with CodeWarrior 6.3 (I was able to program an old Gt16A).

The same happens with all other programmers.

If I delete hcs08_devices.xml from DeviceData, the stand-alone HCS08 programmer starts from HCS08_FlashProgrammer.exe

(with Invalid Database in Device Selection field) .

My laptop is an old Dell C610 (P3 proc and USB 1.0) with XP. I also tried USBDM_4_10_6_105 and Drivers_1_2_0_Win_x32

on my wife`s laptop (Vaio dual-core with Vista) and everything worked perfect.

Is it possible that USBDM stand-alone programmers have problems running on old computers?

Best regards to you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Dorin,

I just re-checked using a WIN-XP SP3 and it seems to work OK.

It looks like it is failing to parse the device description files.  These are  not in used in the  Codewarrior 6 interface which is consistent with the result you are seeing.

The files are XML and are parsed by XERCES-3.1.  If that fails it throws an exception in a big way which will result in the error you saw.

Could I get you to check if there is another copy of   libxerces-c-3-1.dll anywhere in your windows directory?

bye

0 Kudos

dorinhorvath
Contributor I

Hi PGO

Thank you for helping me with the problem that occured!

I've checked for copie of libxerces-c-3-1.dll and I haven't found any. Based on a recommendation you've made on a previous post, I've copied in a folder, on a memory stick, all the necessary files and folders for running Hcs08 programmer and checked it on several computers. The only one on which it didn't work (with the same error) was an AMD Athlon XP2500+ with WinXP-SP3 installed.It worked on all the other computers under Xp; Vista or Win7.

I'm thinking to try using USBDM v3.2. I hope I won't encounter any problem with this.

Many thanks!

Dorin

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Dorin,

I don't have a wide range of machines to test on unfortunately.  Most of the machines are now windows7 and there are few AMD machines (and none that I can play with).

If you wish to check further you can use a program like Dependency Walker (depends.exe) Home Page to check where the program is loading DLLs from to look for anything out of the ordinary,  On my (WIndows 7) machine it produces the following:

pastedImage_0.png

bye

0 Kudos