cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM won't program MC9s12xdt256

Jump to solution
rdr
Contributor II

Hello, my USBDM with JB16 chip set will not detect / recognise MC9s12xdt256 MCU. It works fine with other HCS12 variants but not the 'Xdt256. Any help much appreciated.

1 Solution
rdr
Contributor II

Hi pgo,

That works perfectly!

Thank you very much for your prompt and accurate service.

Regards,

Robert Richardson.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Robert,

If the BDM appears to work otherwise it is possible that I simply have the wrong SDID(partid) for the device.  I don't have a XDT256 to check this.  The BDM works fine with a XDT512.  I believe these are the same chip as, according to the device manual, they have the same partid.  This might have changed.

When you ask the programmer to detect the target does this fail with the failed to connect dialogue?  If this is not the case could you let me know what  number appears on the programmer dialogue (under the device name).

bye

0 Kudos
rdr
Contributor II

Hi pgo,

Thanks for the reply.

When I click the “Detect Device” tab I get a message “No matching device”. The “Filter by chip ID = (C001).

If I uncheck the “Filter by chip ID” I get the drop down list of MCU’s including the XDT256. I select this and try to program the device.

This results in a message box: “Selected target device does not agree with detected device. (Unable to read / confirm CHIP_ID)”

If I select “Verify” then the verify works perfectly fine. (The MCU has previously been programmed with a Cyclone Pro).

Note that I am using the USBDM in stand-alone mode, and it works perfectly fine on 9S12P128 and 9S12DG128 variants.

Thank you.

Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 9:14 PM

To: Robert Richardson

Subject: Re: - USBDM won't program MC9s12xdt256

USBDM won't program MC9s12xdt256

reply from pgo in OSBDM and TBDML - View the full discussion

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Robert,

Yup - it doesn't have the correct SDID.  I missed that one in the data sheet.

Quick fix is to edit the file C:\Program Files (x86)\pgo\USBDM 4.10.6.110\DeviceData\hcs12_devices.xml that describes the devices.

Locate the entry for MC9S12XDT256 and add the following line below the similar lines:

<sdid value="0xC001" />

bye

rdr
Contributor II

Hi pgo,

That works perfectly!

Thank you very much for your prompt and accurate service.

Regards,

Robert Richardson.

0 Kudos