cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE multilink universal not detecting K10 uc

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi

I am trying to connect with k10 uc and programing it using code warrior 10.5 with PE but it is giving following error message

pastedImage_0.png

The part no on the k10 uc is M10A5V1N88B4JXOBQ. I tried with 3 different k10 uc with same part no. and selected the MK10DN32VFM5 in LQFN 32-pin package in codewarrior. but it didn't worked, I tested PE Multilink Universal by programming FRDM-KL46Z board by connecting mini headder at SWD connecter it was working for that. But for K10 board it didn't worked. Please look into the matter.

Thanks and Regards

Amit Kumar

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Amit Kumar,

Could you tell us how many pins do your chip have?

Where is the K10 board from? or draw by yourself?

M10A5V may have these part number: MK10DN32VMP5(64 MAPBGA), MK10DN32VFM5(32QFN), MK10DN32VFT5(48QFN), MK10DN32VLF5(48LQFP).

So, please check it by the number of pins.

Best regards!

Jing

0 Kudos

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Jing

I have 32pin QFN package. I connected Using SWD mini connector with multilink universal along with following pins of uc. VDD and VDDA given 3.3 V dc and VSS ,VSSA given 0V. I powered the board externally with an 3.3V LDO. In multilink green and yellow LEDs were glowing.

pastedImage_0.png

This didn't work then I also connected the crystals i.e xtal32 and extal32 with 32.768KHz oscillator along with 22pf cap. and xtal0 and extal0 with 16MHz crystal along with 22pf cap, and VBAT with 3.3 v. Then also it was showing the same error.

Did I do anything wrong? Is there any way to check the continuity if the QFN package is soldered properly or not? I checked none of the pins were shorted in all the 3 boards.

Thanks & Regards

Amit Kumar

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Amit Kumar,

Yes, you are right, we should check your board at first to make sure it is not the hardware problem.

So, could you check the following item?

1, Whether your SWD connector circuit is correct, do you like the following picture?

9.jpg

you can find the details in the chapter 2.1.5.3 debug interface of the manual reference , the download link is :

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/quick_ref_guide/KQRUG.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Quick Reference Guides&WT_VENDOR=FREESCALE&WT_FILE_FORMAT=pdf&WT_ASSET=Documentation

2, Check the circuit of pin RESET_B, please refer to 2.1.3.4.1 RESET_b and NMI_b of the manual reference, add pullup and capacitors.

3, Test the wave of EZP_CS_b and REST_b, whether it can be high?

4, Then, please setup you driver of multilink universal again.

For this problem is not caused by the external oscillator,  when power on, the clock is in FEI modet, so please do the up items at first.

Wish it helps you! Thank you!

Best regards!

Jing