Can debug MK20DX64 by Ulink 2 and codewarrior ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can debug MK20DX64 by Ulink 2 and codewarrior ?

Jump to solution
afdasdfas
Contributor II

Hi all

I design an schematic for MCU MK20DX64VLH7 and purpose use Ulink 2 and CodeWarrior to debug or load program to MCU .

I donot know : Can i use Ulink2 to load program to MCU in Codewarrior ?

If yes, please help me to make schematic to program by Ulink2 ( the pin connection from MK20DX64 with Ulink 2 ).

Thank you

athoa

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Afda,

When use the CW to program the target, it also need to choose the exactul connection(Fig 1), however as I mentioned in last reply, CW doesn't support Ulink2, you can try Keil+Ulink2 to debug or program the MCU.

Wish can help.

Best regards,

Ping

3.jpg

Fig 1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Afda,

I'm afraid that CW don't support Ulink 2. When I create a project by CW, you will see the Ulink2 is not involveed in the list of support debug tools.

I've attached the screenshot and you can check it.Wish hope.

Best regards,

Ping

1.jpg

afdasdfas
Contributor II

Hi

If i only have Ulink2 , and Codewarrior . Can i use codewarrior make an file.hex ( program of code ) and use the program which Ulink support to load to MCU ? ( same as PicKit2 ).

If yes, please show me the way to load program to Kinetis by Ulink2 .

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Afda,

When use the CW to program the target, it also need to choose the exactul connection(Fig 1), however as I mentioned in last reply, CW doesn't support Ulink2, you can try Keil+Ulink2 to debug or program the MCU.

Wish can help.

Best regards,

Ping

3.jpg

Fig 1

0 Kudos
afdasdfas
Contributor II

Yes. I think i should change to Seger J-Link. Codewarrior support this. Thank you

0 Kudos
afdasdfas
Contributor II

Hi

only make clear

and i : have the Ulink2 which i see that Ulink2 can load program to MCU 20DX64VLH7 .  I have a MCU 20DX64VLH7 and write code by Codewarrior . I donot know the way to load program to this MCU by Ulink2 .

0 Kudos