cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis k40x256 stuck at downloading binary to target

freeman37
Contributor II

Hi,

After trying different succeful tests programs for the TWR-K40x256 with the debug in codewarrior, I tried to put my program into the Kinetis using the "Flash programmer" (blue lightning) without success (I did this to make to program work without using the computer). Maybe I did something wrong because now I'm not able to use the debug anymore. While downloading the program into FLASH (by the green bug), codewarrior says that he is downloading, but it's still stuck at 99% saying "downloading binary to target".

I clicked on "erase whole device" into the flash programmer menu, maybe the problem comes from that point ?

Now I'm unable to use the MCU which is impossible to make it work.

Sorry for my english, I'm registered with my team for the french qualification of the freescale cup and we can't continue the preparation with this issue.

Regards,

Adrien

Labels (1)
8 Replies

_clovis
Contributor II

Hello,

I know this thread is a little old but it might interest people who had the same issue :

I had my tower (a TWR-K70120M) stucked too.

It first appeared when I tried to use the "Flash programmer" and selected the wrong file.

My thread : "Flash Programmer" mistake

wish it helps !

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for your contribution!

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

freeman37
Contributor II

No ideas ? :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Adrien:

Sorry about not replying. I actually ran out of ideas :smileysad:, as I have not seen this problem before.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

If you attach your blink_led project, maybe I can recreate this from my side.

Regards!

/Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

freeman37
Contributor II

Thank you for your help.

Yes I still experiencing the problem. We have a solution which is not very a solution : a new tower !

The blink led code works well with this new one, but our old tower is still broken :smileysad:

0 Kudos

freeman37
Contributor II

Thanks for your answers !

To :

I only plug the usb cable directly on the card, si if I understood well, I use the embedded OSBDM/OSJTAG :smileyhappy:

I'm using Codewarrior 10.5.

When I search the flash configuration file, I don't find the good one ! I have downloaded a blink_led project on the freescale website (which worked      well with the debug), and by default it is K40DX256Z.xml, is it OK for a K40X256VMD100 ?

This blink_led project which worked very well in debug mode allowed me to choose between ram and flash for the debugger (as shown in "Capture2.PNG"), both of      them worked well without any difference but now they have differents bug :

- the flash mode stucks the downloading at 99%

- the ram mode shows an error which says : No source available for "0x656A6F72 (0x656A6F72)() " (as shown on "Capture.PNG")

To :

Your method didn't change anything :smileyconfused: I also tried to make a new workspace, I tried on my friends' computer (where it worked well too) and the same problems      everywhere ...

Thank you

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

i wonder if the problem is due to old associations. please do this and test the download again:

-     Export the workspace settings as shown above

-     Close eclipse

-     Delete the .metadata folder

-     Re-open eclipse with that workspace

-     Re-import the workspace settings

Please refer this link for how to copy workspace setting.

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/04/04/copy-my-workspace-settings/

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Adrien:

What programming tool are you using? Is it the embedded OSBDM/OSJTAG?

What CodeWarrior version are you trying?

When using the flash programmer, you need to make sure to specify the proper connection and point to the correct binary file (elf/bin/s19). Please take a look at the next blog entry from Erich Styger:

Flashing with a Button (and a Magic Wand) | MCU on Eclipse

Also, do you see an error message when trying to flash in debug mode? or the process just gets stuck in 99% without any notice?

Kind Regards

/Jorge

0 Kudos