AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fresh MCUs refuses interrupts

Question asked by larsl on Oct 18, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2013 by larsl

Hi everybody!

I'm making a couple of PCBs with MKL04Z32xxx4 MCUs. Every time I try to boot up a new board for the first time, the interrupts just refuse to work. It doesn't matter if it's pin interrupts, UART interrupts, or PIT interrupts, they just won't work.

I've managed to get all of my boards eventually working by just power cycling, flashing, running, debugging, not really changing any code, but just simply repeating this procedure has seemed to work in the past. Last board took me about two hours to get the interrupts running, with the same code that other boards are running successfully. Yesterday I got a new board, different PCB than the others, and I'm having the same trouble getting the interrupts up again. This time it just won't work, whatever I seem to do.

It seems that this problem is not really related to my code, but there seems to be some sort of magical step I'm missing here. Has anybody had similar troubles?

Just for reference, my interrupts functions are registered in the NVIC vector, they are present and correctly linked while debugging and looking at the addresses in the NVIC Memory. In the example of PIN interrupts, the signal on the PCB generates the interrupt flag in the PCR register of the pin, but no interrupt is triggered...

Gear:

ARM MCU MKL04Z32xxx4

J-Link Lite debugger (SEGGER)

Eclipse IDE (not CodeWarrior)

Kind regards

LarsL

Outcomes