AnsweredAssumed Answered

imx6 support for 8-bit RAW camera

Question asked by ambiguity on Apr 29, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2017 by vinod kumar
Branched to a new discussion

Hi,

I am having trouble integrating our camera module & driver with the IPU.  I have the majority of the driver complete (probe succeeds, i2c comm is good, I see dma debug (errors though)), however, I believe I am running into a pixel formatting / dma setup issue with the IPU driver.  We expect (our User Layer app) to use V4L2_PIX_FMT_GREY, but this is "not supported".  While investigating this issue, I continued to add cases to the mxc_v4l2_capture layer to accept V4L2_PIX_FMT_GREY, but the problems get deeper into the IPU layer.

Does imx6 support 8-bit RAW camera data?  If so, what do I need to do?

Futher investigation into the IPU layer I discovered there is a "generic" format (or BAYER).  I investigated a little... I believe a certain format is expected (header info maybe?) - but our CMOS sensor is outputting raw pixel data so I am not sure how I could use this format.

Here is a snippet of my debug:

In MVC:mxc_poll

In MVC:mxc_v4l_ioctl

In MVC: mxc_v4l_do_ioctl c0445611

case VIDIOC_DQBUF

In MVC:mxc_v4l_dqueue

ERROR: v4l2 capture: mxc_v4l_dqueue timeout enc_counter 0

In MVC:mxc_v4l_ioctl

In MVC: mxc_v4l_do_ioctl 40045613

case VIDIOC_STREAMOFF

In MVC:mxc_streamoff

_ipu_csi_wait4eof: channel = 335544276

_ipu_csi_wait4eof: IPU_IRQ_PRP_ENC_OUT_EOF

_ipu_csi_wait4eof: CSI stop timeout - 5 * 10ms

imx-ipuv3 imx-ipuv3.0: warning: disable ipu dma channel 20 during its busy state

Just before the ERROR the imager is capturing, but it just sits there an times out.  I believe the camera/csi is setup correctly (vsync_pol, hsync_pol, etc.).  I also see that the buffer(s) is (are) "queued".

Thanks!

Outcomes