Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain

parrepati
Contributor I

Hi to All im currently Working with MPC 837X using CODEWARRIOR V8.8 , when ever i treied to connect it with USB tAP im getting a error message like "Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain"( Check the attacment below).

Can you help me regarding this.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

mazhenqiu
Contributor I

Recently, I have encountered the same problem. My OS is Win7 64bits, and codewarrior is V8.8. The solution is as follows:

1. Download the CodeWarrior v10.3 special suite(free trial) from the freescale websit.

CodeWarrior Development Studio v10 for Power Architecture® Technology (Eclipse) Product Sum...

2. Instal the Codewarrior V10.3. When asked about whether to overwrite the previous drive, choose yes.

3. Use Codewarrior V8.8 again. everything is OK.

I think this maybe helpful to you.

Sorry for my poor english.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one day later, I have encountered the same problem again. I don't know why.  What happened to the codewarrior?

0 Kudos

ashokkumar_y
Contributor II

Hello,

I have the same problem. I did try on different machines. Were you able to connect USB TAP with TWR-8309 board? Appreciate your help on this. We are kind of stuck here.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ashok Kumar,

It is possible to use CodeWarrior for MPC8309 platform, please pay attention to CCS USB driver.

If you are using CodeWarrior TAP(the one integrates both USB and Ethernet ports), please apply Patch 8.8.6 from CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC|Freescale to update CCS USB driver.

If you are using old product USB TAP(the one only integrates USB port) and Windows 7 OS, please only apply Patch 8.8.5 from the above link.

If you are using Linux OS, so far there is no patch available for CodeWarrior TAP, you need to update CCS to the latest edition. In addition, for Linux OS, you need to install CCS driver manually. Please follow readme.txt in /usr/local/Freescale/EPPC_8.8/CodeWarriorIDE/ccs/driver/usb/ to install it, udev rules need to be created and take effect.

If there is no valid RCW on your target, please use CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file, enabled from Edit->Debug Version Settings->Remote Debugging->Edit Connection.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vijaykishore
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry to say that we are not using CodeWarrior anymore for our project.

0 Kudos

vijaykishore
Contributor III

Hi All,

Is this issue resolved????

Even I am facing the same issue with the Simulator Project also?

Any suggestion?

Thank You.

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For TWR-MPC8309 you can use CodeWarrior 10.3 for QorIQ available at:

CodeWarrior Development Studio v10 for Power Architecture® Technology (Eclipse) Product Sum...

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

PA V8.8 is not supporting the TWR-MPC8309 board.

The simulator is not available for this tool too.

Regards,

Pascal

0 Kudos

mauriziostefane
Contributor II

I'm actually using the TWR-MPC8309 board with CodeWarrior 8.8 and USB TAP and I see the same error when the debug session starts (Connection phase):
"CCSProtocolPlugin: Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain []".
The strange is that my system works fine with the MPC8309-KIT (SOM) boards !

0 Kudos

marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As far I know the TWR-MPC8309 is not supported in CW8.8.

Regarding the jtag error, maybe the RCW is missing from the NOR flash, so please make a try using the jtag file for 8309.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos