キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

i.MX RT Performance questions

1,751件の閲覧回数
eskimoalva
Contributor III

Hello, I am looking for some performance numbers for the i.MX RT 1050.  I found the fact sheet that gives the DMIPs, but I have not found anything that mentions floating point performance (I am using LinPACK as my comparison).  

I haven't double checked, but I believe the i.MX RT has the same hardware floating point (3V3) as the i.MX6 (which is under consideration for a different controller), so would the numbers be comparable (scaled down a little bit due to clock speed differences)?  I found some numbers for the ARM performance, so I wouldn't be comparing it to the NEON figures.  The LinPack result I found for the i.MX6 is 101.4 MFLOPS.

I am also wondering if it has a PMU (performance Monitoring Unit), since I couldn't find that either.  I am assuming not seeing it in the documentation means it doesn't have one, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks.

ラベル(2)
0 件の賞賛
1 返信

1,275件の閲覧回数
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Allen,

Unlike i.MX6 devices which are powered by a Cortex-A processor, the MXRT features a Cortex M7 core. And the FPU is provide by the core, so it is different.

In chapter 12 of Reference manual (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMXRT1050RM.pdf ) you can find the following:

The ARM Cortex-M7 Platform supports the following:
• 32 KB L1 Instruction Cache
• 32 KB L1 Data Cache
Floating Point Unit (FPU) with support for the FPv5 architecture
• Internal Trace (TRC)

Regarding to the PMU question, in i.MX devices PMU is the Power management Unit and I dont think there is an equivalent for Performance Monitoring Unit.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛