Query Regarding Memory Allocation and RAM Usage Analysis in Keil uVision 5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Regarding Memory Allocation and RAM Usage Analysis in Keil uVision 5

Charindu_Abeysekara
Contributor II

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently working on a project using Keil uVision 5 for development, and I'm seeking assistance regarding memory allocation and real-time RAM usage analysis within the Keil environment.

Specifically, I'm interested in understanding if Keil uVision 5 offers any built-in tools or options to facilitate the monitoring and analysis of memory allocation and RAM usage during runtime. It would be incredibly helpful to have the ability to observe how memory is being allocated and utilized by my application in real time.

I've explored various features within the Keil uVision 5 IDE, but I haven't come across a straightforward solution for this aspect of debugging and optimization. If anyone within the community has experience or insights into tools, plugins, or methodologies that can enable real-time memory analysis within Keil uVision 5, I would greatly appreciate your guidance and recommendations.

Additionally, if there are any best practices or strategies that developers commonly employ for efficient memory management and optimization within the Keil environment.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance..

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Charindu_Abeysekara
Contributor II

Thank you so much Diego .

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Charindu_Abeysekara 

Hope to find you well too.

I do not have a valuable input on this topic, since I specialize in MCUXpresso. Still someone who develops with Keil and our MCUs could comment here. Anyway, maybe you could get inputs using the Arm community, in case you have not done this already  https://community.arm.com/support-forums/f/keil-forum  

This documentation help me in the past, just  as an additional reference https://developer.arm.com/documentation/101407/latest/ 

Best regards, 

Diego

0 Kudos